2013 Schedule of Events
The 2013 Maui Plein Air Painting Invitational was held on February 16 – 24. The 2014 Schedule of Events will be posted once details are confirmed.
2013 Schedule of Events
- Saturday, February 16, noon to 3 p.m. – Kick off Paint Out
Artists begin the event with the Kick off Paint Out in Kapalua at D.T. Fleming Beach areas. The freshly painted works of art will be displayed for sale at 4 p.m. at Village Galleries in The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua and throughout the week. Google Map Link to D.T. Fleming Beach
- Saturday, February 16 to Friday, February 22
Artists paint Maui on location. Painters will be seen all over Maui capturing the unique island landscape and lifestyle.
- Tuesday, February 19, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Jean Stern, Executive Director of The Irvine Museum in California, will conduct a lecture (Painting En Plein Air) and artists’ mini-paintings silent auction at the Pioneer Inn, Lahaina. Google Map Link to the Pioneer Inn in Lahaina
- Wednesday, February 20, 4 p.m. – Pacific ‘O Sunset Paint Out
Sunset Paint Out at Kamehameha Iki Park is another chance to see all of the artists in the same vicinity. The artists will gather at the popular beach park next to 505 Front Street to find inspiration in the sunset, beach scenes, and canoes on display in the park. Google Map Link to Kamehameha Iki Park
- Friday, February 22, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Pioneer Inn Lahaina Harbor Quick Draw
Under the gaze of hundreds of onlookers, the artists will have just two hours to complete a painting. The public has an opportunity to watch a painting being created from start to finish. Google Map Link to the Pioneer Inn in Lahaina
- Friday, February 22, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. – Maui No Ka ‘Oi Magazine Gala Reception
Three of the best paintings from each artist plus the Quick Draw painting will be unveiled at the Maui No Ka ‘Oi Magazine Gala Reception at The Village Gallery, 120 Dickenson Street in Lahaina. Awards will be given and art collectors and art lovers will have an opportunity to view and purchase the fresh work. Refreshments will be served. Google Map Link to The Village Gallery in Lahaina
- Saturday, February 23, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. Coffee and Pastries with the Artists
The artists will replace paintings sold on Friday night, and the public will have one last chance to interact with all of the artists and purchase work from the event at The Village Gallery. Google Map Link to The Village Gallery in Lahaina
- Sunday, February 24, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Plein Air Finale
Last chance to view and purchase paintings. The show and sale ends at 9 p.m. that evening. Google Map Link to The Village Gallery in Lahaina
Event Related Workshops
- Wednesday – Friday, February 13, 14, & 15, 2013 MPAPI Pre-Event Workshop with Randall Sexton. His workshop is open to students of any level of experience. Read more and register for this workshop.
- Monday-Wednesday, February 25, 26, & 27, 2013 – MPAPI Post-Event Workshop with Mary Pettis. Read more and register for this workshop here.